Diploma in Automotive Technology (R/525/4/0002)(MQA/FA 9010)(08/27)
Despark International College DK099 (B)
This course is designed to train students in light vehicle mechanics to develop their skills and certify they are capable to achieve the industry standards. Students will acquire knowledge on developing and documenting specifications and procedures, and preparation of technical reports. This course covers development and application of electrical and mechanical system modifications, management of environmental compliance in the workplace which is suitable for those working in the automotive service and repair industry at the forefront of the implementation of new technologies.
The method of delivery includes of classroom based theory and practical training sessions. A simulated workplace environment is created through individual and group activities and practical tasks in both delivery and assessment where students will be facilitated to develop skills and knowledge to fulfil the requirements for each competency unit and its elements.
On successful completion of this course the students would be awarded Diploma in Automotive Technology which is a nationally recognized qualification. This could help students gain entry into career paths or further education in the field of automotive industry.
- DAT 101 Automotive Shop Practice & Safety
- DAT 102 Bench Fitting & Welding
- DAT 103 Vehicle Maintenance & Servicing
- DAT 104 Engine System 1: Petrol Engine
- DAT 105 Engine Management
- DAT 106 Air Induction & Exhaust System
- DAT 108 Air Conditioning System
- DAT 110 Automotive Drive Train 1
- DAT 111 Diesel Engine
- DAT 113 Vehicle Fault Diagnosis
- DAT 116 Automotive Electrical & Electronics 2
- DAT 117 Automotive Drive Train 2
- DAT 125 Automotive Chassis 1
- DAT 126 Automotive Chassis System 2
- DAT 127 Engineering Design
- DAT 128 Mechanical Principle
- DAT 130 Automotive Electrical & Electronics 1
- PED 1008 Technical English
- CCA 1001 Physics
- CCA 1002 Mathematics
- CCA 1008 Managing a Professional Engineering Project
- MPU 2163 Pengajian Malaysia (Malaysian Studies)
- MPU 2213 or MPU 2233 Bahasa Kebangsaan or Professional Engineering Management
- MPU 2353 Quality & Process Improvement
- MPU 2411-MPU 2481 Co-Curriculum
- PED 1008 Technical English
- DAT FYP Final Year Project
- DAT IT Industrial Training (Internship)
*Syllabus is subject to change without any prior notice.
Minimum Entry Requirement
- Pass SPM or equivalent with minimum of 3 credits in any subject.
- Pass UEC (Unified Examination Certification) with Grade B in any 3 subjects.
- Pass O-Level with credits or grade C in any 3 subjects.
- Other Qualifications: Any other qualifications will be considered on a case-to-case basis.
Further Education Pathway
- BTEC Level 5 in General Engineering
- Degree* : BSc (Hons) in Automotive Technology with Management/Bachelor Degree in Applied
- Technology (Automotive Engineering)/ BEng in Automotive Engineering
- Advanced Diagnostic Technician
- Automotive System Designer
- Automotive Diagnostic Technician
- Automotive Technician
- Service Technician
- Skilled trade person in automotive
- Small engine mechanic
- Diesel mechanic
- Repair service writer
- Technical support engineer
- Workshop supervisor
- Automotive Dealer
- Automotive Instructor
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes